Supplier Management Development Lead
Supplier Management Development Lead - Bristol - Contract - £691 per day
A Supplier Management Development Lead is urgently required for a 6 month contract with the MOD based in Abbey Wood. You will be will lead on the development of a strategy for SRM, which can be implemented across the DE&S Operating Centres, and which will deliver performance and financial improvement for the MOD. The strategy will lead to a more consistent contracting and operating process with suppliers. The first stage, defining the strategy is expected to last 4 months; followed by a second stage to implement the plan. You will engage key appointments across the organisation including IMT staff, OC Directors, Project Team Leaders, IM Leads, Commercial Director and Commercial Directorate staff. It is likely that contact will also be required with trade bodies such as the UKCEB, Joint Information Working Group (JIG) and key suppliers. Other duties will include;
* Strategy development; working with Commercial, OC and IMT staff
* Develop the Roadmap and Plan to deliver a programme of change across the organisation
* Identify pilot opportunities to prove the approach
* Performance Management; develop SRM performance metrics
* Support implementation of approach into targeted pilot suppliers
* Develop an approach to training with IM staff and build training materials
* Pilot SRM training with IM staff
* Implement skills transfer to MoD IM staff.
You must be able to demonstrate the following;
* Practical experience of deploying SRM into a supply chain organisation
* Top flight negotiation skills with senior management in large corporations
* Direct management of SRM
* Delivery of SRM-related training programmes
* Experience of working in complex supply chain business
* Ability to diagnose organisational behaviours and create plans to deliver the required change in process, skills and behaviour
* An awareness of public sector working
* Able to build training strategies in large organisations
* Ability to influence at senior management and Board level
* Experience of operating at 1*, 2* and 3* level on a routine basis - equivalent to a Board level position in industry
* Previous experience gained in organisation with multiple SKU's and poorly performing multiple key suppliers where a demonstrable improvement was delivered as a consequence of your actions
* CIPS qualified would be of benefit
* Knowledge of Public Sector Procurement regulations would be beneficial
* Previous experience of mentoring in culturally challenging organisation
A baseline security check will need to be completed for this role.
Our advertisements use post-qualification experience/salary levels as a guide. However, we will consider applications from any candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to carry out the role.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Why not visit the success stories of some of the candidates we have helped find fulfilment in their careers in CPE. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit randstad.co.uk/howibecame to find out what you could become.
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Bristol
Salary : £691 p day
Date Advertised : 23 Dec 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.