IT Support Engineer
Our client a leader in the energy sector is looking to bring aboard an IT Support Engineer to join their growing team on a contract basis.
The role would be working on site at their Bristol offices.
The roles will be a key part of the operational and support side of the IT and Systems Team. You will report into the IT Support Manager whose principal responsibilities is ensuring live and production systems do what the company wants them to do.
This role would be suitable for a graduate with an IT related degree or somebody with minimum 3 years IT support experience with MCSE or equivalent Microsoft certifications.
- Provide 1st and predominantly 2nd line support for all IT related issues during the companys support hours
- Take full responsibility for a share of the teams operational responsibilities, ensuring operational support tickets and problem fixes are resolved and delivered within expected timeframe with the overall objective of reducing customer complaints.
- Be part of the teams shift rotation providing appropriate IT support cover as determine by the business.
- Ensure IT Support following Incident and Problem management processes; logging tickets correctly and meeting agreed SLAs
- Ensure exceptional level of support is provided whilst maintaining SLAs and always looking to enhance service standards
- Excellent educational background, with good "A" levels and to degree level.
- MCP or above Microsoft certification.
- ITIL Foundation
- Intrinsic understanding of technical inter-dependencies between the "end user" device and the underpinning infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of "end user" and desktop hardware computing including Microsoft Office suite, email, IM and CRM applications
- Excellent knowledge of file and print technologies, OS build and deployment, Active Directory, Group Policy and Windows technologies (Windows Client software and applications).
- Server and network based technologies including VMWare, remote hosting, MS Exchange, Windows, SQL
If you are interested at all please apply with a CV in MS Word format alongside your Daily rate expectations.
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Bristol
Salary : £200.0k p day
Date Advertised : 08 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.