Manufacturing Systems Engineer / Production Engineer
Manufacturing Systems Engineer required by a leader in the manufacturing of pneumatic and fluid control solutions. Part of a major international group with a turnover in excess of £1billion, they are a dynamic and innovative organization servicing multiple sectors including automotive and other high tech markets.
The Manufacturing Systems Engineer will work in the Manufacturing Systems team which introduces new products and processes into manufacture using APQP techniques and continuously improves existing products and processes. All equipment introduced must comply with all legal, safety, customer specific, APQP and CE requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Introducing new products into production to automotive standards using APQP techniques.
- Introduction of new manufacturing processes using automated assembly & test equipment.
- Working within new product introduction teams to ensure correct product cost and to prevent customer defects.
- Continuous improvement and support of maintenance engineers to improve existing equipment.
- Ensuring all equipment conform to CE requirements.
- Provide 'Expert' knowledge and support to production teams on specific products and/or processes.
- Ensure corrective actions raised are dealt with efficiently.
- Ensure that all corrective actions are closed within 6 months.
- Initial response Containment and Impact analysis to a corrective action within 3 day requirements.
- Corrective / preventative actions to be completed to within 1 month of agreed plan.
The successful candidate will display the following expertise:
- Experience of introducing new products into production to automotive standards using APQP or similar techniques (PFMEA, Control Plans, R&R analysis, Process instructions etc)
- Manufacturing process specification and design
- Specification, commissioning and validation of new automated assembly and test equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilitiy to build strong relationships at all levels
- Good hands on skills
- Good project management skills.
If you are a customer focused, driven individual with the above relevant experience, please forward your CV to Rob Brunt or call 01926 487482 for further information. Interviews are being scheduled immediately.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol
Salary : Attractive
Date Advertised : 22 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.