Head Of Technology
The role holder will be responsible for developing the IT function within Elevate and within the wider group, ensuring that service delivery meets the aspirations of the business unit and underpins the strategic direction of the business, with optimum service delivery at lowest cost.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure that the IT function produces market leading IT systems which enable our company to be a provider of choice in its chosen markets. It is one of the most exciting platforms in the wealth marketplace and is well positioned to take a lead in this market. This role offers the individual the opportunity to play a critical part in our company's success
The Head of Technology will manage the day to day service delivery of the Elevate platform combined with ensuring that continual improvement and enhancement of the optimum customer experience to make it an excellent experience for the customer.
This role operates in a highly regulated market, with RDR on the horizon, and is critical to supporting the profitable growth of the Elevate SBU.
Leading a group of Senior positions within the IT function the role will require an extensive network across the executive management population.
The role holder must be able to handle the most complex transactions and negotiations and have the gravitas & commercial acumen to drive the delivery of the IT and operational objectives.
The role will require a proven ability to influence and build strong relationships internally and externally with key stakeholders and strategic partners and requires the expert management of critical third party partner relationships.
This is a challenging role within a changing environment. Transition through the our programme will require the role-holder to effectively manage the area through periods of transformation with the end goal of significantly improving IT capability.
- Financial services experience is essential although not necessarily current role
- Platform experience is preferred but not essential
- Strong background and depth of experience in technology including in depth knowledge and application of the software development cycle
- Excellent proven experience in managing third party suppliers and levering the Supplier knowledge to gain best outcome for Elevate
- A proven record of delivering efficient IT operations & experience of multi-million pound cost centre responsibility.
- A demonstrable ability to provide strategic direction and to successfully oversee operations & drive results.
- Experience of operating within a matrix organisation structure & achieving results through transversal working.
- Excellent people & resource management skills including building, leading and motivating high performing teams.
- Excellent track record of building positive relationships both internally and with external suppliers
- A proven record of leading successful change management programmes.
- High level presentation, negotiation & influencing skills.
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM THIS ROLE?
- This is a dynamic leadership role that heads up a function of 70 permanent employees with a significant budget to cover both team and development costs with excellent career prospects both within our company.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol
Salary : 90K-110K
Date Advertised : 08 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.