Membership Manager (Part-time: 3 days per week)
PARN (Professional Associations Research Network) is a non-profit membership organisation undertaking research and providing events, training and networking opportunities for professional associations and regulatory bodies in the UK and internationally.
PARN has around 120 member organisations across all industry sectors, mainly in the UK, but also in Ireland, Canada and Australia.
We have a great reputation for delivering high quality research, training, events and other services that are highly valued by our members and others in the professional body sector. Our members listen and act upon our advice....we make a difference.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and talented individual to join our team as a Membership Manager.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing strategies for recruiting new members, retaining existing members and reducing the number of lost members. You will also manage relationships with our sponsors, maintaining existing relationships and building new contacts and sponsorship opportunities. Ideally, you will have some account management and marketing experience, and working closely with our Communications Manager, you will plan membership marketing and promotional communications and take an active relationship management role. You will ensure that member requirements are dealt with effectively, helping our members make the most of their membership.
You will oversee the delivery of our 2-3 conferences per year as well as several smaller events, training courses and workshops throughout the year, although the day-to-day activity involved will be managed by our Marketing & Events Assistant.
Reporting to PARN's CEO, you will have the opportunity to contribute more fully to PARN's strategic direction by contributing your membership insight to discussions and plans for the future shape of the organisation.
We are looking for someone with the following:
* Experience of a similar role preferably within a membership organisation
* A strong customer-focused approach, preferably with account/relationship management experience
* Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing
* Strong organisation and planning skills with a demonstrable record of delivering to deadlines
* Experience of identifying and recruiting sponsors is desirable
* Experience of organising and running events or conferences
* A proactive , flexible approach and a willingness to get stuck in!
PARN is a small team of dedicated individuals. Due to our size, there is a need for all team members to undertake administration work and help out others during periods of higher workload.
This role will require some UK travel and limited overnight stays out of normal office hours.
In return, we can offer:
* Circa £20,000 per annum (pro rata)
* 20 days holiday in year one, rising to 25 days holiday thereafter. In addition, 3 days holiday between Christmas and New Year
* Eligibility for PARN's Bonus Scheme after 6 months
* Stakeholder pension scheme
* Great working environment and city centre location
Job Type : Part-Time
Location : Bristol, BS1
Salary : £20,000 pro rata
Date Advertised : 28 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.