Head of Systems & Projects - Publishing / E-Learning
Head of Systems and Projects Publishing / E-Learning
Salary £50-60k + car + benefits, based in Oxford.
My client is a leader in online publishing and e-learning solutions operating in Worldwide.
They have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned, experienced programme manager with a decent understanding of the publishing / e-learning sectors and proven driver of strategic business change implementations.
Your key responsibility is to ensure that the business units systems, processes, IT services and infrastructure it requires to operate effectively and achieve its strategic aims.
Abridged Responsibilities include:-
- Implement best practice in the project management and delivery of projects (MSP, Prince2)
- Plan, manage and control a portfolio of projects, using business resources effectively
- Establish and apply Project Management Office (PMO) best practice
- Provide consultancy advice to senior management in the definition, setting up and running of projects that achieve operational improvements and the desired business
- Manage, motivate and develop Project/Programme Management staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
As previously mentioned, you will need to be a seasoned programme manager with a decent understanding of the publishing / e-learning sectors and experience of strategic business change implementations.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Ideally, a strong understanding of the commercial and operational aspects of an educational publishing business.
- Excellent track record of delivering large, complex programmes involving major system development and business change
- Accredited in either Prince2 practitioner, MSP, PMI practitioner or equivalent Project management methodology
- Previous Line management experience - staff appraisals of PM / project staff
- Skilled at influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, including at the most senior levels
- Strong understanding of the leading governance and implementation approaches to project office management and project management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex information in a succinct and easily-digestible manner
- Experience working at Strategic level within a Business Change environment
If you believe you have the right experience and qualifications please forward your CV clearly indicating why your background fits the criteria.
Hammond Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Oxford, Oxfordshire, Bicester, Thame, Banbury, Wiltshire, Swindon, Warminster, Bristol, Avon, Berkshire, Reading, Northamptonshire
Salary : £50k - £60k pa + Car Allowance & Benefits
Date Advertised : 13 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.