Salary: £13.66 per hour
Contracted hours: 48 hours per week
Shift pattern: 4 on 4 off 06:00 18:00 plus call out
Were currently seeing to recruit an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a large Energy from Waste Plant in the Bristol area. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a 24/7 shift rota on rotating 12 hour shifts.
* Key duties will be to undertake maintenance, repairs and improvements of the electrical and SCADA systems at the companys waste treatment facilities. This will include reactive breakdown and preventative maintenance. Typical equipment includes control panels, lighting, motors, fans and PLCs.
* Experience in all types of control systems is essential.
* Small installation jobs and the supervision of external contractors involved in major works will
* be required from time to time.
* Successful completion of a full electrical apprenticeship and attainment of an appropriate electrical engineering qualification i.e. BTEC, ONC or HNC in Electrical/ Mechatronics.
* The applicant should have at least 3 years experience in a similar electrical role in an industrial environment.
* An understanding of PLC systems and fault finding
* Working knowledge of SCADA systems would be advantageous
* Knowledge of different types of sensor, such as pressure and level control
* The applicant should have good communication skills and should be capable of working alone and as part of a team.
* The applicant must hold a full driving licence and be prepared for routine overnight stays away
* from home
* Basic mechanical skills and understanding
* Small installation jobs from time to time
* Good understanding of Health and safety
The ideal candidate would have experience in some or all the following:
* Capable of reading electrical drawings with a good understanding of electrical control systems
* PLC fault finding
* Electrical fault finding
* Working with 3 phase and generators
* Checking and testing of electrical motors of all types
* Electrical regulations 17th Edition
* Inverter drives of all types
To be considered for this opportunity email your CV to email@example.com or call Andy on 02392288215
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Bristol
Salary : £25k - £35k pa
Date Advertised : 08 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.